[gdal-dev] Setting TIFFTAG_* in COG

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Dec 4 07:46:38 PST 2023

Javier,

TIFFTAG_DATETIME or AREA_OR_POINT are copied by the COG/GTiff drivers
from the source dataset metadata.

So using gdal_translate / GDALTranslate(), you may set them with the
"-mo KEY=VALUE" option.

If using an intermediate VRT as the source for GDALCreateCopy(), then
you may call SetMetadataItem("KEY", "VALUE") on the VRT. I don't see an
option in GDALBuildVRT() to do that, but you can definitely open the VRT
after it has been created and call SetMetadataItem() on it

Even