[gdal-dev] Un-vendoring a number of third-party libraries?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Dec 15 07:02:20 PST 2023

Le 15/12/2023 à 15:49, Sebastiaan Couwenberg via gdal-dev a écrit :
> On 12/15/23 15:35, Even Rouault via gdal-dev wrote:
>> Thoughts ? (given the length of the email, it should probably be
>> formalized as a RFC. I'll do that, unless there is a massive uprising
>> against the proposal...)
>
> LERC doesn't support big endian architectures currently, only using
> that on little endian architectures using the internal copy currently
> works as expected. Using the external library would require
> conditionals in the packaging which I'm not in favor of.
Bas,

- The Debian libtiff package already handles that conditional, so there
must certainly be a way of using the same trick for the GDAL build recipee

- The only user of LERC in GDAL (except for its libtiff internal cpoy)
is the MRF driver. I doubt MRF is used widely except in Esri data
centers... So even if you don't want to change the GDAL build recipee to
include a conditional liblerc dependency, that wouldn't be the end of
the world.

Even