[gdal-dev] Virtual Raster Tile Index (VRTTI) driver, and associated gdaltindex improvements

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Dec 20 10:33:27 PST 2023

Hi,

For those not actively following github tickets & PR, I just want to
point to a new pending major functionality to improve management of
virtual mosaics with a very large number of tiles/sources (> tens of
thousands of tiles), by referencing them as features of a vector layer
(typically created by gdaltindex), instead of a XML file as in
traditional VRT, augmented with additional metadata.

More details in https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/8983 (and in initial
ticket in https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/issues/8861)

Even