[gdal-dev] OpenJPEG JPEG2000 Driver

Simon Eves simon.eves at heavy.ai
Sun Feb 12 18:44:08 PST 2023

Is there some trick to enabling this driver with the old non-CMake build
env...? :)

I am building OpenJPEG 2.5.0 (from source) and it's building and installing
fine into the same include/lib tree as everything else, and then GDAL
configure (just adding *--with-openjpeg*, no path, right?) sees it and
tests it, but the compile test of *opj_setup_decoder()* apparently fails,
so *HAVE_OPENJPEG* gets disabled again.

I see that function in *openjpeg.h* and (with *nm*) in *libopenjp2.a*, so
I'm not sure why it's failing.

I tried some other CMake option variations for OpenJPEG but nothing fixed
it.

Ubuntu 20.04, GCC 9.4, GDAL 3.4.1, all-static build

I have tried GDAL 3.6.2 (and PROJ 9.2.1) building them with CMake and I
think the OpenJPEG part is working, then but our dependencies build falls
over later with something else that doesn't like the newer PROJ, and I'd
rather not bump the GDAL & PROJ and data files versions at this time
anyway, as we're very close to a release.

I just wanna minimally add JPEG2000 to what we have...

TIA

--
Simon Eves
Senior Rendering Engineer