[gdal-dev] PNeo pan-sharpening post 3.7.0

Ferdinand fwschenck at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 08:36:39 PDT 2023

Hi all,

We do stereo photogrammetry on Pleiades/PNeo images, and in one case we run
our algorithms on pansharpened images.

Our workflow therefore was that we would pan-sharpen the images and then
run our stereo processing (using the panchromatic RPC model for the
pansharpened image).

However, with the change in this PR:
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/7373 which
was integrated into release 3.7.0, this is no longer possible.
gdal_pansharpen.py now gives: `RuntimeError: Panchromatic band has no
associated geotransform`.

What is the recommended workflow for this now? We can't orthorectify the
images first, as we need the raw row/column information in the image in
order for the photogrammetry processing to work.

Is there some other way to add a geotransform that does not require warping
the image?

Cheers,

Ferdi