[gdal-dev] reading rat values from GDB raster

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Jul 19 10:34:06 PDT 2023

Le 19/07/2023 à 16:26, William Kyngesburye a écrit :
> Ah, that works to get the xml rat.  I had converted to tif with Arc before I remembered that GDAL can read gdb rasters now, and got a dbf rat.
>
> I can trim the xml rat down, but I need to leave the value field so it has some way to lookup a cell value in the rat, but identifying a cell (QGIS or gdallocationinfo) still only gives me the cell value not the rat lookup value.

gdallocationinfo doesn't make use of RAT (would be a reasonable
enhancement). You have to use the API to connect cell values to the
corresponding entries in the RAT

Recent QGIS versions can use GDAL RAT, but I'm not sure if that's
connected with the identification functionality

> Is there something else I need to do with the rat config?  What about the tableType attribute to GDALRasterAttributeTable? The conversion set "thematic". I tried removing it (like the example in the vrt help page) but that didn't help.

That's just a minor hint about the nature of the RAT, only used by the
HFA Imagine and KEA drivers