[gdal-dev] Java Binding Versions in GDAL Docker Ubuntu Full

adamgutonski adamgutonski at protonmail.com
Mon May 1 10:20:59 PDT 2023

Hello,

I am setting up a Docker container which copies from the GDAL ubuntu-full image, and I noticed that the Java bindings with ubuntu-full are for Java Version 11 only. I am using Java Version 17. Are there any deprecated features or potential caveats to be aware of when using Java 17 and the GDAL bindings that have been compiled for 11? I can't find any information online about this and I do not know how one would rebuild the container bindings. Perhaps the bindings be updated in ubuntu-full in the future?

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Kind regards,
Adam Gutonski