[gdal-dev] gdalwarp: question about methods implemented when source grid is denser than target.

Ramiro Espada Guerrero espada at agro.uba.ar
Wed May 24 07:29:40 PDT 2023

Hi,

I would like to know if gdalwarp does any "average" regriding when the
source grid is denser than the target grid regardless of the chosen method
for the interpolation. And if there is any document where I can follow
exactly the calculations. I tried to follow the code on github but it is
pretty difficult to follow.

I've programmed my own bilinear interpolation function in fortran and I got
smoother results when I applied -r bilinear with gdalwarp. So i wonder if
there is a pre-average regriding subroutine that is not in the
documentation page.

Thanks!