[gdal-dev] gdalwarp: question about methods implemented when source grid is denser than target.

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu May 25 12:51:16 PDT 2023

Hi,

to briefly answer your question, for the methods bilinear, cubic,
cubicspline and lanczos who have nominal kernel radius of respective
values 1, 2, 2 and 3 (and thus a diameter double that size), the radius
is extended by a factor source_size / dest_size to take into account the
downsampling ( Cf lines 1188-1195 in alg/gdalwarpkernel.cpp), and the
weights of the resampling kernel are evaluated with a scale factor too
(cf lines 3713-3715 / 3741-3743)

Even