[gdal-dev] GDAL 3.8.0beta1 available for testing

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Nov 1 05:17:33 PDT 2023

Hi Mike,

thanks for the report. Issue fixed in master. I've refreshed the Docker
image

Note however that this Overture dataset contains 1,390,499,721 features,
and with our estimate of 83 bytes / feature to build the FlatGeobuf
RTree, that means you need at least 115 GB RAM on your machine
(presumably more due to fragmentation etc)

You could potentially save a few minutes by not adding -progress since
GetFeatureCount() on such dataset requires getting some bits in each of
the ~1600 files, but I guess that for a process that's going to take a
few hours, having some display progress justifies a few extra minutes :-)

Even