[gdal-dev] Converting parquet to geopackage

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Nov 16 06:08:35 PST 2023

Michael,

this error comes from libarrow-cpp.

Several potential causes:

- one of the parquet file is corrupted

- one of the parquet files is valid but uses "something" that
libarrow-cpp can't understand. I mention this because we have seen an
interoperability issues between files generated by the go implementation
of parquet and libarrow-cpp. Not clear which end is the culprit. But the
error message was different than yours

- there's an I/O error when getting data from S3

- some other bug in libarrow-cpp...

Perhaps run in --debug on mode to see in the traces which parquet file
cause the issue ? (assuming that the error can also be reproduced when
reading one of the component parquet files, and not just when reading
the whole dataset...)

https://github.com/search?q=repo%3Aapache%2Farrow+TProtocolException%3A+Exceeded+size+limit&type=issues
shows a number of issues where this error message pops up

Even