[gdal-dev] How to determine which creation options are supported by a driver?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Nov 30 12:32:13 PST 2023

Le 30/11/2023 à 21:19, Meyer, Jesse R. (GSFC-618.0)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND
APPLICATIONS INC] via gdal-dev a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I have gdal 3.8.1 installed via Brew which includes liblerc and zstd
> as part of their formulae, so I assumed I could use the creation
> options “COMPRESS=LERC_ZSTD” and “MAX_Z_ERROR=x” as documented on the
> GTIFF page when creating a new gtif image.
>
> But when I do GDAL states:
>
> “Warning 6: 'LERC_ZSTD' is an unexpected value for COMPRESS creation
> option of type string-select.
>
> Warning 6: driver GTiff does not support creation option MAX_Z_ERROR”

"gdalinfo --format GTtiff" will report the options available in your
GDAL build

> So I am not sure if this is an issue with the driver itself or with
> the brew formula.  Please advise,

In the brew formula. In the libtiff one more exactly, as this capability
comes from libtiff. Just checking
https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/blob/b4698a581c0d752241353682fecd627d85ca6dd6/Formula/lib/libtiff.rb,
it lacks a liblerc dependency.

You could try from Conda, since its libtiff includes lerc support (3.8.1
hasn't yet landed there, but it should come soon)