[gdal-dev] WMS layer issue at higher zoom level

Peter Schmitt pschmitt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 12:58:40 PDT 2023

On Thu, Oct 5, 2023 at 12:00 PM Raghav Singh <raghav.singh at eagleview.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for replying. Yes, it can be this but just to confirm this we are
> getting only for a few imagesets and we have been getting this from a few
> months back only so if it was a error from way back why it came now in our
> system and only on higher zoom levels if it was a gdal issue it should have
> come up for all the imagesets.

If it's only at some select zoom level(s) I can't say for certain but
perhaps a single image file directory/overview is corrupted somehow?   I
suggest using the latest GDAL because it might have improved error handling
of some edge case you're running into.  It can be hard to know exactly
where something might be going wrong.  It could be /vsicurl/,
decompression, indexing to TIF offsets, network error, I/O, etc.