[gdal-dev] WMS layer issue at higher zoom level

Peter Schmitt pschmitt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 10:03:04 PDT 2023

On Tue, Oct 3, 2023 at 11:40 PM Raghav Singh via gdal-dev <
gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> I am trying to get a layer from wms and at higher zoom levels I am getting
> this error - msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer
> named 'PICT-INHEND19-psQwiZ1L4t'. drawGDAL(): Unable to access file.
> GDALDatasetRasterIO() failed: /tmp/mapfilePassthru-v2-temp-HxmyxI, band 1:
> IReadBlock failed at X offset 1064, Y offset 1551.

Are you running the latest GDAL release? I saw a similar errors in my
MapServer logs a long time back (maybe gdal-3.5.0??) that I stopped seeing
with the latest version of GDAL.  I've also seen reports of a similar error
when an image (or an overview) is somehow corrupted.
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/issues/5489