[gdal-dev] Fwd: Issue with linebreaks (PDF)

Mandeep Singh mandeepsinghkalra at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 10:36:27 PDT 2023

Hi Team,

I am trying to create a GeoSpatial PDF using gdal_translate.

Using the vrt file i am able to generate OGRFeatures having STYLE

OGRFeature():23 OGR_STYLE (String) =
SYMBOL(id:"icn_cabinet_external.png",s:0);LABEL(f:"Arial, Helvetica",
c:#FF0000, bo:1, m:w, dp:1px, p:10, dx:-10, dy:10, s:10px, t:{label})

My requirement is to put a linebreak in the label for which i tried adding
\n but it doesn't seems to work. LABEL (String) = FIRST PART \n SECOND PART

Does GDAL PDF driver supports writing line breaks to PDF ?

Regards

Mandeep