[gdal-dev] resampling algs warp vs translate

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Sep 21 13:49:17 PDT 2023

That should be relatively straightforward to adapt
GDALResampleChunk_AverageOrRMS_T to do sum. Reuse the average code path,
but just don't divide the sum by dfTotalWeight at lines 1418, 1473,
1688, 1700 and 1712. And error out if applied to a band with a color
table (cf line 4361)

For other algorithms, it could potentially be possible to re-use the
warping code with an adaptation layer like done in
GDALRasterBand::RasterIOResampled() in the bUseWarp case. Of course that
would be less performant than implementing a specific overview
resampling kernel which can assume that a source rectangle maps to a
target rectangle at the band level, while the warping code only process
pixel by pixel.