[gdal-dev] How do I add a projection to proj 8?

Stephen Woodbridge stephenwoodbridge37 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 14:24:21 PDT 2024

Hi all,

I've been gone for a while, but got called back to update a site I built
and need to move from proj4 to proj 8 on Ubuntu 22.04. In the past I
just added the following to /usr/share/proj/epsg

# HYCOM Mercator projection
<900914> +proj=merc +a=6371001 +b=6371001 +lat_ts=0.0 +lon_0=0.0
+x_0=-4448 +y_0=-4448 +k=1.0 +units=m +over +nadgrids=@null +no_defs  <>

and was able to access it in gdal, mapserver, postgis, etc with
"EPSG:900914"

How does one do that with the new system?

Thanks,
   -Steve W