[gdal-dev] Best way to GTiff options for hyperspectral data

Jose Gomez-Dans jgomezdans at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 09:15:31 PDT 2024

Hello,

I have quite a lot of very large hyperspectral data (>600 bands). The data
is in ENVI BIL format, but I would like to use GTiff for it, and possibly
access the data via HTTPS for processing and visualisation. I notice that
in the STAC world, it's one file per band, which gets a bit tiring quickly
;-) Are there some recommendations for this kind of data? I will need to
look at a few bands "spatially" (e.g. build a false colour RGB), but also
quickly access the whole spectrum.

Thanks!
Jose