[gdal-dev] Best way to GTiff options for hyperspectral data

Scott public at postholer.com
Tue Apr 23 10:00:39 PDT 2024

You might create a Cloud Optimized GeoTiff (COG) from ENVI for
frequently use band combinations, such as:

gdalwarp -f COG -co COMPRESSION=DEFLATE -t_srs EPSG:4326 \
    -src_band 23 -dst_band 1 \
    -src_band 130 -dst_band 2 \
    -src_band 420 -dst_band 3 \
[envi file] new.tif

Now, you have a COG that can be efficiently accessed over the web for
visualization/analysis using software like Leaflet and
georaster-for-leaflet.

You can can style (analyze) band(s) pixel values using
georaster-for-leaflet by defining custom palettes. Note, the more bands
and the larger the data type will mean more data. So, a single band,
byte value will always load fastest. Doing something like a 3 band Int16
isn't painfully slow. I've got tons of examples for COG (and FGB) at
CloudNaitveMaps.com

https://leafletjs.com/
https://github.com/GeoTIFF/georaster-layer-for-leaflet