[gdal-dev] Reading DXF block attributes

Simon Gröchenig groechenig at zt-gis.at
Mon Apr 29 05:43:38 PDT 2024

Hi all,

I attempt to copy DXF data to GPKG using the following command:

ogr2ogr --config DXF_MERGE_BLOCK_GEOMETRIES FALSE --config DXF_INLINE_BLOCKS FALSE -f "GPKG" D:/tmp/632_20-2N.gpkg D:/tmp/632_20-2N.dxf --debug ON

My DXF contains some blocks with several block attributes. According to https://gdal.org/drivers/vector/dxf.html, the attributes should be written to the BlockAttributes field if DXF_INLINE_BLOCKS is set to false. However, this field remains empty ("") in my case.

Can you confirm that ogr2ogr can read DXF block attributes? (according to the known issues at Github, writing block attributes is not yet supported)

Any ideas why the field BlockAttributes (also BlockScale, BlockOCSNormal, BlockOCSCoords) is set to "" in the GPKG? BlockName and BlockAngle are set correctly.

Best regards
Simon

Vermessungskanzlei Neumayr

Simon Gröchenig - Geoinformation