[gdal-dev] Inquire mapped column names for conversion to shapefile

Jan Heckman jan.heckman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 07:23:28 PDT 2024

Hi everyone,
I want to make a map of original (let's say postgresql/postgis) column
names to those used in a shapefile after conversion; assuming that at least
some column names in postgis will be over 10 characters in length, and
shortening may produce conflicts. Basically I know how this is done,
appending _<n>, but I hope that there is preferably a python method
available in Qgis python to get the list of column names used in the
shapefile.
Any help or pointers are welcome!
Thanks,
Jan