[gdal-dev] Test problem After Merge

Andrew Bell andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 08:41:59 PDT 2024

On Tue, Apr 30, 2024 at 9:18 AM Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com>
wrote:

Even,

> Also try in a Python interpreter "from osgeo import gdal" to see if the
> exception is more verbose. If your GDAL lib links against libraries that
> are not in the default library search path, GDAL command line utilities
> might still be able to find them, but loading libgdal through the Python
> bindings might fail (at least that happens to me on Linux, cf
> https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/9783)

Also try otool -L on libgdal.dylib and on _gdal.cpython-312-darwin.so

This was indeed the issue. I didn't think there was a version of GDAL in my
environment, but it must have gotten in by error at some point. When the
SWIG library _gdal...so was created, a dependency was created for the
system-located library (version 34) rather than the one in the build
(version 35). I'd have to do more research to figure out how to rectify
this, if desired.

Thanks for your help. The python failure message wasn't too helpful on its
own.

--
Andrew Bell
andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com