[gdal-dev] core dump on dir info

Laurențiu Nicola lnicola at dend.ro
Tue Feb 6 06:25:51 PST 2024

On Tue, Feb 6, 2024, at 16:04, Even Rouault via gdal-dev wrote:
> Le 06/02/2024 à 14:46, Javier Jimenez Shaw a écrit :
> I remember older VirtualBox versions indeed had issues to propage AVX to
> guest, but I believed that has been fixed now. I'm not aware of issues
> with SSEx not being propagate.

Not the same thing, but I've seen a VM where loading numpy was crashing because of a misreported CPU model. OpenBLAS got "AMD Opteron 63xx class CPU" from CPUID and assumed FMA4 support without actually doing feature detection. But the CPU was actually an EPYC, which have no FMA4. I filed an issue against OpenBLAS, but they weren't interested in fixing it.

So it's still possible to get a misconfigured VM, especially if you're running an older libvirt. This was also on OpenStack AFAIK.

Laurentiu