[gdal-dev] Jp2 driver "unhandled projection"

Meyer, Jesse R. (GSFC-618.0)[SCIENCE SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC] jesse.r.meyer at nasa.gov
Fri Feb 9 09:13:33 PST 2024

I noticed a warning after converting a gtiff image to jp2 stating ‘Warning 6: Unhandled projection method Albers_Conic_Equal_Area’.  The driver apparently completes the conversion and happily reports the projection correctly under gdalinfo.  But I find it weird that the format would care about the projection.  Is this a serious warning?

I believe the driver used was JP2OpenJPEG, GDAL 3.8.3, released 2024/01/04

Jesse