[gdal-dev] GDAL does not support gpkg files generated by GeoServer

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sun Feb 18 09:57:51 PST 2024

Hi,

http://www.geopackage.org/spec/#_sqlite_container "Table 1. GeoPackage
Data Types" is pretty clear on which data types are valid in a
GeoPackage vector table, and INT4, VARCHAR(...) or FLOAT8 are not.

You can also use the
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/master/swig/python/gdal-utils/osgeo_utils/samples/validate_gpkg.py
script although it is not official, but hopefully should be faithful to
the spec. Otherwise you can use the official validator at
https://cite.opengeospatial.org/teamengine/

Even