[gdal-dev] Build static GDAL-Lib and static GDAL-Apps

Robert Coup robert.coup at koordinates.com
Tue Feb 20 04:18:43 PST 2024

Hi Michael,

On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 at 11:22, Michael Otto <michael.otto at data-experts.de>
wrote:

> The directory './vcpkg/packages/<packageName>_x64-linux' now contains the
> compiled static versions of the libraries. But where can I find the GDAL
> apps? These are not contained in this directory.

Great! So if you change your vcpkg installation to use `gdal[tools]`
instead of `gdal`, it will build the applications too.

If you need other dependencies, see https://vcpkg.link/ports/gdal then you
can install eg: `gdal[tools,curl]` to add curl too. The options shown under
`default-features` are automatically installed.

Rob :)