[gdal-dev] Build static GDAL-Lib and static GDAL-Apps

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Feb 21 04:20:01 PST 2024

> I think it's possible: I chucked away my test container, but I vaguely
> recall it was in something in the sqlite ogr driver labelled "test"?
> There's a couple defined at the end of
> ogr/ogrsf_frmts/sqlite/CMakeLists.txt — it's possible commenting those
> blocks out will make the compile complete with [core,tools,sqlite3].
> There may be some downsides: I don't know off the top of my head how
> the GDAL SQLite/GPKG integration works wrt exposing the necessary GDAL
> functions into SQLite. It might just work though :-)

test_load_virtual_ogr and my_test_sqlite3_ext in
ogr/ogrsf_frmts/sqlite/CMakeLists.txt can be safely disabled. Patch
welcome to build them only under a "if (BUILD_SHARED_LIBS)", if that may
help. Although I don't see why they wouldn't build with static linking.
That would mean that SQLite::SQLite3 doesn't fully capture its
dependencies for static builds, which may be well possible