[gdal-dev] Is source Dataset array to `GDALWarp` mutable?

Fitch, Simeon fitch at astraea.io
Tue Jan 9 10:45:40 PST 2024

I have a question about the mutability of the `pahSrcDS` argument to
`GDALWarp`.

The `GDALWarp` function has the following signature:

```
GDALDatasetH GDALWarp(const char *pszDest, GDALDatasetH hDstDS, int
nSrcCount,
                      GDALDatasetH *pahSrcDS,
                      const GDALWarpAppOptions *psOptionsIn, int
*pbUsageError)
```
Source:
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/895e9fbd63b2aa22471f4f8c69efd5ba4e700e9c/apps/gdalwarp_lib.cpp#L1379-L1381

I was curious to see that `pahSrcDS` was not `const GDALDatasetH *pahSrcDS`
or `const GDALDatasetH * const pahSrcDS`.

What mutability and ownership conclusions should I draw from it (if any)?

* Might the `GDALWarp` mutate the array and/or the pointed Datasets?
* Is it correct to assume the caller maintains ownership of the elements of
`pahSrcDS`?

Thanks, and kind regards,

Simeon

--
Simeon Fitch
Co-founder & CTO

--
The content of this email is intended for the person or entity to which it
is addressed only. This email may contain confidential information. If you