[gdal-dev] gdal2tiles custom tms configuration not found

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Jan 19 02:36:39 PST 2024

Hi,

I would like to use gdal2tiles with a custom tms profile file. I
prepared the json file attached in this mail and put this json file in
the /usr/share/gdal folder, there there are already other such files,
e.g. from New Zealand or Antartica.

However, when I try to use this custon tms config, gdal2tiles tells me
it can't find this profile. Here is my command I used:

gdal2tiles.py -p 2056_28 -z 16 -w openlayers -t "Swiss Hillshading
Grayscale" -r cubic -s EPSG:2056 -a 0.0 -e -n
lv_16_switzerland_hillshading_small-scale_swissalti3d-srtm_100m_jpeg.tif
tiles

Do I need to register the custom TMS config json file somewhere in
addition to copying it to the /usr/share/gdal directory?

Thank you for your help!

Andreas