[gdal-dev] Internal libtiff version

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Mar 18 05:51:39 PDT 2024

Hi Luís,

it depends on your GDAL was built.

You can check it  with "gdalinfo --format gtiff | grep LIBTIFF" and it
will return either LIBTIFF=INTERNAL or LIBTIFF=LIBTIFF, Version X.Y.Z

If it is with its internal libtiff copy, then it corresponds roughly to
the state of libtiff master at then time the GDAL release was done.
Looking at
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/v3.6.4/frmts/gtiff/libtiff/tiffvers.h,
I see we were already past 4.4.0, so it is likely you have a GDAL build
against an external libtiff that wasn't as current as the GDAL build

Even