[gdal-dev] Censor area in tiles of aerial image

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Mar 18 16:14:36 PDT 2024

Carsten,

The gdal_rasterize command allows you to "burn in" polygons from an OGR
supported datasource into an existing raster.  If your raster is a 3 band
RGB file, you could use --burn 100 150 200 to burn in the RGB value
(100,150,200).   This will only work if the raster format you are using
supports update-in-place.

You would have to regenerate pyramids after this process -- they are not
automatically updated by GDAL when the "base layer" is updated.

Best regards,
Frank

warmerdam at pobox.com
light and sound - activate the windows | USA: +1 650-701-7823
<http://voice.google.com/calls?a=nc,%2B16507017823>
and watch the world go round - Rush    | CAN: +1 343-550-9984