[gdal-dev] Expiring token during paging on the WFS

Michael Otto michael.otto at data-experts.de
Thu Mar 28 02:26:28 PDT 2024

Hello,

I have an important question about the use of a 'GDAL_HTTP_HEADER_FILE'.

If I request a WFS with "OGR_WFS_PAGING_ALLOWED=ON" and use a header file
for authentication, will the header file be read with every new page?

I am wondering how I should deal with an expiring bearer token (validity
5min) with a very long lasting query (>5min).

Questions:
Does ogr2ogr query the header file again for each new page?
Can I possibly set the authentication for every single requested page?
Is there another way to deal with expiring tokens?

Michael

PS:
I use Java and start the apps via the ProcessBuilder.
If the header file is re-read for each page, I could update it accordingly
(preferably without conflicts due to simultaneous reading and writing ;o)
).