[gdal-dev] Expiring token during paging on the WFS

Andrew C Aitchison andrew at aitchison.me.uk
Thu Mar 28 03:42:06 PDT 2024

On Thu, 28 Mar 2024, Michael Otto via gdal-dev wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have an important question about the use of a 'GDAL_HTTP_HEADER_FILE'.
>
> If I request a WFS with "OGR_WFS_PAGING_ALLOWED=ON" and use a header file
> for authentication, will the header file be read with every new page?
>
> I am wondering how I should deal with an expiring bearer token (validity
> 5min) with a very long lasting query (>5min).

Is this for one WFS service, or many ?
Assuming you are consuming the data promptly and aren't overloaded,
I would discuss this with the WFS service; you probably aren't
the only one having this issue. If sending the data takes longer
than the life of the token, they need longer-lived tokens.

Sorry I can't help with your actual questions.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                      Kendal, UK
                    andrew at aitchison.me.uk