[OSGeodata] RE: Ready for a lean and mean Catalogue Service Protocol Spec

Stefan F. Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 18:26:03 EDT 2006

I have to correct myself: In the last mail I wrote WCS but I meant CSW
2.0(hope this is the correct abbreviation). And I have to acknowledge
what
Panagiotis (Peter) also wrote:

> the CSW2 specification already includes a "simplified" information model
> based on Dublin Core.  It is called csw:Record.  The relevant schema
> files can be found at: http://schemas.opengis.net/csw/2.0.1

He then proposed one additional association (XML) entity in order to sort
out that 'service A offers feature type B' as well as a classification (XML)
entity to find WFS services or road feature types.

Two questions here: The two examples you give for classification entity seem
to me uneven: To me one would want to find (road) feature types either as
file (format) or over a service like WFS.
And before you stated that the client need not know too well the information
model in order to formulate a query. Is this now fulfilled with these
additions (csw:Record plus 2 new entities)?

-- Stefan