Educational/training data set proposal

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at
Fri May 5 12:02:16 EDT 2006

Dear all,

Helena Mitasova and me have drafted a Wiki page for a new
 Educational/training data set

Helena selected an area in North Carolina where plenty of data are
available under reasonable licenses or in public domain.

So far it is an ideas collection. We want to create this new data set
similar to the GRASS Spearfish SD data set which is used a lot for teaching
but is somewhat limited (and old meanwhile).

Please let us know your thoughts. We'll continue to work on the page
of course and one day start downloading/packaging.

Best regards

Open Source Geospatial Foundation