Educational/training data set proposal

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Fri May 5 12:02:16 EDT 2006

Dear all,

Helena Mitasova and me have drafted a Wiki page for a new
 Educational/training data set
 http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Edu_Data_Package_North_Carolina

Helena selected an area in North Carolina where plenty of data are
available under reasonable licenses or in public domain.

So far it is an ideas collection. We want to create this new data set
similar to the GRASS Spearfish SD data set which is used a lot for teaching
but is somewhat limited (and old meanwhile).

Please let us know your thoughts. We'll continue to work on the page
of course and one day start downloading/packaging.

Best regards
 Markus

--
Open Source Geospatial Foundation