[OSGeo-Edu] Educational/training data set proposal

Ned Horning horning at amnh.org
Fri May 5 13:38:24 EDT 2006

Markus and Helena,

This looks like the start of a great list of datasets. A few other layers
that might be useful are:

Raster:
- Topo sheets (1:24,000 and possibly coarser scale as well)
- More varied satellite imagery to show samples or different resolutions
(Russian doll concept)
- An example of multi-band data supplied as individual bands (to illustrate
how to combine individual bands)

Vector:
- Contours from topo sheets so they can be compared to those derived from
DEMs

All the best,

Ned