[OSGeodata] Posal codes of Germany

Chris Holmes cholmes at openplans.org
Thu Nov 30 11:43:11 EST 2006

Martin Spott wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Chris Holmes wrote:
>
>> Also I'm dumping our tiger database on http://sigma.openplans.org to
>> telascience as well.  Want to eventually make it a download from there,
>
> Did you already finish doing so - which format do you use to store/dump
> the TIGER data ?
> I'm currently in the process of creating PostGIS layers from TIGER with
> the intention to merge the resulting roads and rivers with the stuff
> that I already have present in my landcover database at:
>
>   http://flightgear.telascience.org/
>
> If you already did the reformatting and reprojecting of the TIGER data,
> then I'd like to profit from your effort and avoid doing the same
> again.

I can finish it up relatively soon, but this week is pretty busy.

You're also welcome to just use my wms directly.  Though it's not super
fast, I'm doing caching and using openlayers to pick use the cache -
see: http://sigma.openplans.org/

WMS is at
http://sigma.openplans.org:8080/geoserver/wms?service=WMS&request=GetCapabilities

But yeah, I'll try to get the dumps up on flightgear, and you could
hopefully do the loading into postgis?

best regards,

Chris

--