[OSGeodata] Geodata and Telescience stuff

Sampson, David dsampson at NRCan.gc.ca
Fri Sep 8 14:21:26 EDT 2006

Hmmmm,

Alright then... Starting to sound like we need a "HOWTO get started"
manual.

I'll be the guinea pig and make all the mistakes for others to avoid
(SMILE).

Alright... So I hope its OK to symlink to the geodata dir...

All the data has been moved

So for right now

du -ah

8.0K    ./Ottawa_osgeo/tutorials
52M     ./Ottawa_osgeo/data/grass/atcan_permanent.tgz
61M     ./Ottawa_osgeo/data/grass/atcan_census.tgz
163M    ./Ottawa_osgeo/data/grass/atcan_hydrology.tgz
274M    ./Ottawa_osgeo/data/grass
274M    ./Ottawa_osgeo/data
274M    ./Ottawa_osgeo
274M    .

Do we have someone watching limits? If I hit a certain size should I
stop?

Anything that I should know off the bat? Or shall we continue and learn
as we go?

Cheers