"Geodata Discovery" at FOSS4G2006 BOF

Claude Eisenhut ce at eisenhutinformatik.ch
Wed Sep 20 02:51:44 EDT 2006

Peter

> 1) Object (or Catalog Record) entity
> 2) Association entity
> 3) Classification entity. [see note ***]

I agree, this is a very simple model. But it's to abstract, to dynamic.
(But it's a powerfull pattern for an implementation!)

> 4) Extensibility
> can easily be accomplished by defining a simple structure with three
> properties:  name, type and value.

I agree, this is a nice way to get (lightweight) extensibility without the
burden of a new schema.
It also reduces the pressure to a base spec for adding new features!

Claude