[Geodata] WCS/WMS Service for SRTM30Plus Data

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Apr 3 14:16:37 EDT 2007

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] wrote:
> Frank: will this WMS/WCS be strictly a autotest target, or do you see
> this being used by other clients, as a general resource for the
> community, or both?  If the latter also applies, I would suggest the
> WMS/WCS metadata is completed.  I can give you a hand with this if
> desired.

Tom,

I see it as a prototype step towards the geodata committee maintaining WMS/WCS
and WFS services for the datasets it offers, not just for my autotests.  But
I don't expect it to be an entirely stable service, since it is likely we will
do it a bit differently once we are organized.

In any event, I would be pleased to have help fleshing out the metadata.  The
map file is in /geodata/frankw/other/srtm30plus.map currently.  I have made
this directory and file world writable if you would like to login and fix it
up.

If you don't have an account for geodata.telascience.org send hobu an email
to ask for one (or file a ticket against him in the SAC trac at
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/)

Best regards,