[Geodata] next irc/voice meeting before FOSS4G?

Jo Walsh jo at frot.org
Sun Aug 19 18:06:25 EDT 2007

dear all,

I made a note of what has come up recently as an agenda for
another meeting of the Geodata Committee. It would be good to have one
before FOSS4G. Would this Thursday, even, be bad for anyone? (argh)

http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Geodata_Committee_Fourteenth_Meeting

* Distributing post-processed MODIS data - what are peoples
  requirements and interests?
* Hosting [http://www.customscenery.org customscenery.org] source at
  OSGeo
* [[Canadian Geodata]] dataset for FOSS4G
* New Geodata Committee chair / governance structure?

I am interested in stepping down from the committee chairship in the
hope of provoking others with more energy and more consistent intetnet
presence into - well, i am as unsure as to what "Chair" implies as
Arnulf is about what "Director" implies, aside from the admin parts. ;)
It would be good to be overthrown and replaced by some more anarchic
governance mechanism...

cheers,

jo