[Geodata] request to OSGEO geodata for contributing Philippine datasets

Maning Sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 11:25:49 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm new to this list so a brief introductions might be helpful: I am
Maning Sambale.  I'm doing small consulting work on GIS for conservation
NGOs and community organizations (farmers, fisherfolks, indigenous
peoples).  I am also a part-time GIS instructor, and we primarily use
the OSGEO stack[1].

I would like to participate in possibly contributing geodata for the
Philippines.  I know a couple of organizations that "might" be willing
to provide Philippine datasets (vectors).

I want to ask how we can do this.  My intention is show this concept
specific for our country and probably spark-up interest from various
gov't agencies and local organizations to share their geodata.

Again, I'm new to the list more so in setting-up a geodata server.  What
are the committee's policies on this cases?  Data quality requirements?
License? Access restrictions?  Do I need to prepare a detailed proposal?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Maning Sambale

[1] http://epmgis.wikispaces.com/