[Geodata] request to OSGEO geodata for contributing Philippine

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Wed Dec 5 12:17:34 EST 2007

Maning Sambale wrote:

> Again, I'm new to the list more so in setting-up a geodata server.  What
> are the committee's policies on this cases?  Data quality requirements?
> License? Access restrictions?  Do I need to prepare a detailed proposal?

Sorry, this is the short-form posting, I'm just staying at a remote
customer's place for two days ....

We already _have_ a nice location for hosting vector data, especially
any sort of landuse stuff is very much welcomed at:

  http://mapserver.flightgear.org/

Pleasse read the NOTES  ;-)
We're currently in the process of adding highly detailed Ottawa
(Canada) "Open Atlas" data and I'd say we certainly welcome the
addition of more datasets.

License should be something close to OpenSource or Public Domain,
please someone else comment on this,

Martin.