[Geodata] Data migration

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Fri Mar 30 18:21:59 EDT 2007

On Thu, March 29, 2007 09:22, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have migrated some geodata torrents I have been seeding/peering to
> /geodata/frankw on geodata.telascience.org.  In the interest of having
> metadata with my geodata I have followed Chris Schmidt's advice and
> setup appropriate records in the http://data.freemap.in/ application.
> You can see my records at:
>
>    http://data.freemap.in/view/Agent/7

Hey,
you took my 7. So now I am eight, so what. But when and how and why
exactly did this osgeo.in pop into the world. I must have missed it
happening?!

I added my post code polygons which I would also like to be served as WMS
and WFS from geodata.osgeo.org. If that is what is going to happen in the
short run. In the long run I should probably take them to a server in
Germany to also be physcially more whereabouts the same location as the
data.

Regards, Arnulf.

> I have also install BitTornado on geodata.telascience.org, and have it
> running now for these torrents.
>
> I also have some additional datasets (vmap and srtm30plus as tiff) which
> I would also like to offer by bittorrent.  But I don't currently have
> torrents setup for these.  I will work on registering them with
> geotorrent.org
> in the coming days, and getting them "metadata'ed up" as well.
>
> The bittorrent is just running in an interactive shell for now on my
> account.  We should think some about how to do this in a more organized
> way.
> I'm open to suggestions.
>
> Traditionally I have served the srtm30plus data, and a large landsat
> dataset
> by WMS and WCS at http://maps.gdal.org/ but that also needs to disappear.
>
> Are we in a position yet to run wms, wcs and other services off the
> geodata.telascience.org machine?  Does anyone mind if I setup local
> services
> for me to do this for my datasets in the short term, with the
> understanding
> that we will likely regularize this in the future.  I'd like to have
> something
> I can point folks who have been using maps.gdal.org to.
>
> Best regards,
> --

Arnulf Christl
http://www.wheregroup.com