[Geodata] Data migration

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Mar 30 18:45:31 EDT 2007

Arnulf Christl wrote:
> Hey,
> you took my 7. So now I am eight, so what. But when and how and why
> exactly did this osgeo.in pop into the world. I must have missed it
> happening?!

Arnulf,

I think this is the fruit of hacking that Jo, Schuyler and Chris have been
doing over a number of months (on and off).

Sorry about the "7". :-)

> I added my post code polygons which I would also like to be served as WMS
> and WFS from geodata.osgeo.org. If that is what is going to happen in the
> short run. In the long run I should probably take them to a server in
> Germany to also be physcially more whereabouts the same location as the
> data.

The app allows you to specify multiple locations the data is available at.
So you could have a copy at telascience, and a copy in Germany.  You
can also have locations point to difference services accessing the same data.

Best regards,