[Geodata] conceptual question: OSGeo Data Project?

Chris Holmes cholmes at openplans.org
Wed Oct 17 17:13:13 EDT 2007

There hasn't, but I would be in to the idea of OSGeo data projects.
We're starting to work on a New York map, and relatively soon we want to
make the base layer editable.

I think similar to the coding projects you'd want a strong community of
people, a number of different contributors, ect.  One of the tough thing
will be the legal requirements, since the whole data thing is not on
firm legal ground.