[geo-discuss] [Geodata] Re: Geodata in CKAN and collaboration (was Re: Responding to the consultation on opening Ordnance Survey's data)

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 9 06:58:55 EST 2010

> So given all the religion floating around,

if it's all the same, please refrain from using such rhetorical tricks to
paint others' ideas in a certain light.

It may seem like a minor point, but frankly I find it a bit insulting on
several levels.

For what it's worth I agree with you that choice is good, even if you
don't have a taste for everything on the menu yourself. At the same time
though, we can maintain our standards and have a responsibility to explain
to the causal user why certain choices are more problematic than others
once placed under the magnifying glass.

regards,
Hamish