[Geodata] Fwd: Re: inventory of public address data for geocoding in Europe

Andy Turner A.G.D.Turner at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Mar 14 04:49:01 PDT 2013

In the UK the Office For National Statistics (ONS) now release a postcode directory look up (ONSPD). This allows for postcodes to be located to a point in a projection and coordinate system. It also provides look ups to various administrative and census area. This data is released under the UK Open Government license and can currently be found via the following URL:
http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/guide-method/geography/products/postcode-directories/-nspp-/index.html

I think there is a consultation at the moment about releasing address point data under the same license in the UK.

HTH

Andy
http://www.geog.leeds.ac.uk/people/a.turner/