[Ica-osgeo-labs] Map of ICA-OSGeo Labs

Moreno, Rafael Rafael.Moreno at ucdenver.edu
Sat Apr 20 08:54:02 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,
I think it is a great idea to have a Google + meeting to get to know each other better.
In Google + there is a limit of 10 people at the same time.
I just signed in for meeting times and it is almost full.

I know several people would love to participate but are not in the list yet.
I see 2 potential solutions to the concurrent space problem. Just for the purpose of introduce ourselves:

1. Have more than one Google + Hangout with different participants each time and record the sessions with www.screencast-o-matic.com. I volunteer to do the taping. Down side of this option is that someone has a slow connection or if there is a lot of traffic sound and images can be choppy.

2. Ask each interested participant to create a 2-3 minutes video introducing themselves and their labs. Many ways to create the videos. One of them is to use the free version of www.screencast-o-matic.com (limit of 15 minutes of recording). This web service records all activity occurring on the computer. Then we can upload videos to ICA-OSGeo Labs Network website.

What do you think?
Rafael

Rafael Moreno, Ph.D.
Department of Geography and Environmental Studies
University of Colorado Denver
Office: North Classroom 3524, Auraria Campus
Campus Box 172
1200 Larimer Street NC 3524
Denver, CO 173364
Phone: 303-352-3762