[Ica-osgeo-labs] Map of ICA-OSGeo Labs

Marco Negretti marco.negretti at polimi.it
Mon Apr 22 03:33:09 PDT 2013

Il 20/04/2013 17:54, Moreno, Rafael ha scritto:
> Hi everyone,
> I think it is a great idea to have a Google + meeting to get to know each other better.
> In Google + there is a limit of 10 people at the same time.
> I just signed in for meeting times and it is almost full.
>
> I know several people would love to participate but are not in the list yet.
> I see 2 potential solutions to the concurrent space problem. Just for the purpose of introduce ourselves:
>
> 1. Have more than one Google + Hangout with different participants each time and record the sessions with www.screencast-o-matic.com. I volunteer to do the taping. Down side of this option is that someone has a slow connection or if there is a lot of traffic sound and images can be choppy.
>
> 2. Ask each interested participant to create a 2-3 minutes video introducing themselves and their labs. Many ways to create the videos. One of them is to use the free version of www.screencast-o-matic.com (limit of 15 minutes of recording). This web service records all activity occurring on the computer. Then we can upload videos to ICA-OSGeo Labs Network website.
>
> What do you think?
> Rafael

Ciao,
I think that the second one solution is better: someone can do easily
his video presentation and publish it.
I think it isn't useful a live connection if we can't meet all together
and also we can have, as told Rafael,  slow connection and other problems..,
As first step I think is enough a video presentation but this don't
exclude that we can meet us in a second time

my two cents

bye
Marco

--